Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chillin' Like an Ashevillain

I've been on a number of domestic trips lately, and I have yet to post about any of them. So here begins a series of a few posts that will be mostly pictures, mostly to remind myself of what I've been up to the past few months.

First up: Asheville, North Carolina. Hipster capital of the South and very Good Eats.


The whole reason for the trip: Yonder Mountain String Band with the Infamous String Dusters playing at the Orange Peel. Great show, great bands, great venue. I wish Track 29 or any other of Chattanooga's music venues had more of this place's feel.

Yes, it is.
 Chimney Rock... because it looks like a chimney. Pretty sure this is a national park, too, though it was closed for the season after we drove tens of miles down winding mountain roads to get to it.
 It was cold, okay?