Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Becoming Ace Ventura

... Pet Detective.

Last week was full of adventures for my 2 cats. From run-ins with territorial neighbor cats to getting stuck 10 feet up a tree, it was not a dull week, but then it took a turn for the even less-dull when my little girl Raya went missing.


Long story short, kitty cat didn't come in after a mere 2 hours of being outside and still didn't show up 24 hours later. I decided she must be stuck somewhere nearby, met the neighbors, and started snooping around their houses. I struck gold at a creepy house just behind mine when I called out kitty's name into a dusty window and heard her meow from inside. Shocked, I pushed open the unlocked door, grabbed her, and ran home, reeling with thoughts of the weirdos who must have taken her captive and were keeping her locked up. (The thought honestly crossed my mind that They were planning on eating her.)

Turns out that house hasn't had anyone living in it for about 4 or 5 months.

... But the bottom floor where she got stuck has a communal laundry facility that people go in and out of frequently, so she must have wandered in and gotten herself closed in when someone didn't realize she was inside.

Case closed.