Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In Memoriam...

I received the call Monday night that my grandma had died. While her health has been up and down for nearly the past decade, and even more so in the past 8 months, her death was very sudden and unexpected, caused by a sudden onset of problems nobody could have foreseen. It's gonna take a while to sink in.

She was the Keys family matriarch, and her death marks the end of an era, as well as the start of many changes. There won't be a funeral or memorial service for her, so here's my little offering of memorial for Barbara Keys, Player of Card Games, Writer of Letters, Baker of the World's Best Cherry Pies, and the strongest-willed woman I know.

I found this flower on the ground on my walk home from work Monday, freshly cut from someone's garden. I hope she would have liked it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is awesome Laura. I sent home a bracelet of grandma's with your dad, Gail asked for us to pick something out for you I hope you like it. He also has your album. We missed seeing you.