Friday, October 29, 2010

Not Mad, Just Disappointed. And Maybe a Little Mad.

Disregard everything I've said about the trains running on time.

Okay, maybe not everything... maybe not even most of it. But when it comes to morning buses, don't give yourself a mere 5-minute connection time to make your train from the bus. Twice this week my bus has just refused to show up, or possibly showed up at the time the next one was supposed to come. In any case, it starts the morning off badly for me.

My first late bus incident got me to the local train station about 3 minutes after my train left, which meant I needed to find a different route. I ended up in the Hauptbahnhof (Zurich main station) and had to walk 10 minutes across the entire length of the station to make my next connection. That train's arrival into Rueschklion doesn't coincide with the bus that goes up to IBM, so I walked up the hill that morning.

Today when my bus didn't show, I went back inside and waited for [one bus eariler than] the next one that would put me on the proper train. Unfortunately, all the free papers get cleaned out of the trains before the time I was on it today, so my commute was sans reading material.

Just fantastic, Zurich. Anymore behvior like this, and you might just put your buses on par with AC Transit. (Okay, that's a little harsh. But seriously, stop it.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like AC Transit? Yeah, that's a little harsh.