Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Signs and Wonders, Gulf Coast Edition

I love graffiti, weird signs, and cool old artwork, and the Deep South has not disappointed on any of those fronts. Check out my collection of signs and wonders!
Not sure who wanted everyone to know about Resa Burden's cheating heart, but they put the message all over downtown Mobile, Alabama.

Beautiful artwork built into the sides of the "new" capitol building in Baton Rouge

Old entryway downtown in Baton Rouge

Who dat Buc-ee?! I haven't been to a Buc-ees, but I hear everything's bigger in Texas, including Buc-ees. (It's like a Flying J trucker stop times 10.)

Cracker Barrel: the gas station that has more than you'd expect. Allegedly.

MSG "for sell" in the Mobile Winn Dixie (Note: words in quotes are mine, not Winn Dixie's)

One of my bros and I created this masterpiece in the sand in Florida.


This person loves their family... heartwarming graffiti from Bellingrath Gardens, I think.

No smoking during meals on the USS Kidd.

Are there interesting augers?

Y'reckon God's in this church? at the Rural Life Museum

Another message from Mobile, Love has returned!

Open your eyes, by the Baton Rouge lakes overpass